Sunday, April 13, 2014

What I've been upto..

Wow, I haven't blogged in a while. I just didn't have inspiration and sometimes you need to take a long break to get some inspiration.

I still don't know where I wanna go with this blog. My first post was 3 years ago and this will be post number 300.

I've written about beauty, books, movies, my filofax and my life. Really this year has been rubbish, blogging-wise. I mainly focussed on my planner, as that generated public (yeah, being totally honest now), and while I still use my planner, I don't have that much going on to make it interesting. And then, what else do I do for the rest of the week?

So, this is kind of a brainstorming post. I'm not looking for visitors, I'm not looking for lots of numbers in my Google Analytics page, I'm just looking for a place to write.

My life has been turned upside down since September 2012. I've gone from a somewhat steady job to a burnout and then unemployment. I opened my own webshop, had a few sales, but that was harder than I thought it would be. Handmade stuff is so hard to sell.

And then it was nearly April 2014. The end of my unemployment benefits. I would have no money. I applied to be a mail woman and I can say that that's my official job as of last week. 2 days a week I'm delivering mail and it's so much harder than I thought. It's physically hard (especially when you haven't done much since September 2012), but at least it's a job. I'm earning a bit of money.

I also started my own business, as a Personal Assistant. Here's my website, if you're interested. It is hard to get jobs, but I'm determined to make this work.

On my progress of walking, I am proud to say that last week, I walked a 10k in 2 hours and 3 minutes. That is faster than I've trained in the past weeks, so I'm very happy with that result. For now, I'll continue walking every Saturday, but since delivering mail is also walking, it's now 3 times a week. I've picked up running again, I started last Monday and it went better than I thought it would. Going again tomorrow.

What else am I upto? Not much. I've been reading tons, I'm currently on book number 24 of this year. I've been writing a couple of reviews for Leesfanaten and even though it's not easy, writing reviews, it's good practice and I love it. I'm addicted to Netflix (currently watching Suits, so much love for nerds and the law), and currently clearing out our house of unneccesary stuff. 

And that's where I am today. A mail woman, selfemployed and finding my way back into the real world.

What have you been upto?

2 comments:

  1. So pleased that you are now a postie - it´s great that you can now walk as part of your job :-) I have been severely neglecting my blog as I just don´t seem to have the time or motivation to do it at the moment. I´m trying to do a lot of decluttering at the moment, and now that we have been in Switzerland for 5 years and are not intending to leave for at least another 10-15 years we´re looking at buying a place - not easy in a village in a country where the majority of people rent forever. But we´ve decided to bite the bullet (not that much comes up for sale, but we´re looking at pretty much everything that does - apart from the 2.2 million place, unless I win the lottery that one will not be ours)... feeling brave :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you find a house soon, and decluttering is always an ongoing process here.

      Delete